talk20

Though I'm not convinced anyone in the Philadelphia region actually reads BLDGBLOG – and that includes myself – I'll be giving a talk at the University of Pennsylvania Architecture Department this Thursday at 6pm. In Philadelphia.


The talk will be exactly 6 minutes and 40 seconds long, and is part of talk20. I'll be joining Winka Dubbeldam, Ferda Kolatan, Anuradha Mathur, Jenny Sabin, and many others – so come out, drink wine, look at some pictures of offshore utopias, Christopher Walken, tunnels under London, replicant landscapes, an abandoned island off the coast of Japan – and so on. And listen as I slur my words, make things up, hiccup uncontrollably – then collapse into the arms of a horrified crowd...

Comments are moderated.

If it's not spam, it will appear here shortly!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am in the graduate program in architecture at penn and i read your blog religiously. i look forward to seeing you at talk20.

April 10, 2006 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in philly, and you can bet i'll be there. i guess i should spread the word around here as well.

April 10, 2006 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ha!

Yet another Philly area BLDGBLOG reader (me, that is...just to increase the clarity).

Will certainly try to be there.

April 11, 2006 6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A small piece of me lives in the Duchamp Collection, and it will venture out to your talk, it will catch you and nurse you through hiccups, and it will slur with you the ecstasy of the complete derangement of the census, the melting & folding of the urbanispheres, &c., &c.

Good luck!

April 11, 2006 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Philly reader on board for 20...

April 11, 2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

Alrighty roo - I'll have some local support. Expect some flying micronations, some blimp hotels, a little bit of London topological, some freaky mouse-suburbs, some... I've already forgotten. Some continental drift. Some JG Ballard.

All before I collapse in a pool of adrenaline...

April 11, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

And some stickers - remind me to print stickers, I want to hand them out...

April 11, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

And do you all actually like this place?

April 11, 2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger Leilani said...

I love this blog. I make sure to check it every Thursday (when I am out of class) and I just sit back with a cup of coffee and read through all of the new entries. I'm also in Philadelphia. ;)

April 11, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

Hey, Leilani - Come by the talk if you're around. Get a sticker. Clap inappropriately loudly. Do the wave.

Vis-a-vis the title of your blog, do you know the song, "I Want to Relax, Please," by Towa Tei?

April 11, 2006 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

moved here a week ago! looking forward to it.

April 11, 2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger Leilani said...

Can't say that I do know that song at all, but I work in a record store (across from UPenn) so I will keep an eye out for it. I'm definitely going to try to make it to your talk. Don't know if I can supply the wave, though. My right arm is broken. Perhaps, I can try to clap with one hand, though.

April 11, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

Dace - killer posters you've got, maybe we can do a BLDGBLOG poster sometime... A big map/story/poster/thing. Or not.

And Leilani, you can stomp your feet!

April 11, 2006 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all the readers,

I'm one of the organizers of talk20...I hope everyone can make it on (Thursday April 13th @6PM). Geoff, by the way your images look great...We have a good mix this time so its not all centered around architecture. We have video artists, landscape architects and photographers.

Just remember: FREE drinks, cool images, good music...

c'ya all there.

April 12, 2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

See you there Alejandro -

April 12, 2006 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geoff - i'd love to! i'll be sure to introduce myself on thursday.

April 13, 2006 5:02 AM  
Blogger MattyMatt said...

When are you coming out to talk in San Francisco?

April 13, 2006 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that this event (atleast in concept) is already occuring in san francisco. i'll post again with the specifics...

April 17, 2006 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well that took too long...in san francisco, try this:

http://www.pechakucha-sf.com/index.htm

June 19, 2006 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment