Interchange Tiles

[Image: Four tiles by Jim Termeer].

"This is a set of 25 ceramic tiles," artist Jim Termeer explains. "The patterns are based on satellite imagery of major highway interchanges that have been built worldwide."
So you can decorate your bathroom with the freeways of Barcelona.

[Image: The Barcelona tile, by Jim Termeer].

(Discovered via Mason White, thanks to a tip from Theresa Duncan. If you like these images, meanwhile, be sure to stop by BLDGBLOG's Return of the Knot Driver and, of course, The Knot Driver).

Comments are moderated.

If it's not spam, it will appear here shortly!


Blogger David said...

As a little kid I used to make diagrams of what certain intersections could look like if they were turned into controlled access freeway interchanges. These tiles are very appealing to me.

February 25, 2007 3:00 PM  
Blogger Kano said...

Hi there!
well , first of all congrats to your blog, i´m used to come by every day and see the new stuff!
so, i´m from brazil, and i´m starting an architecture blog of my own, and i´d like to know if it´s possibile to u put a link to my blog, and yours already at mine!
so... here´s the link:
archdiaries.wordpress.com

thanks man
and best regards from Brazil!

February 26, 2007 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is fun! I knew what they were (sadly?) before reading the post — only the photos appeared in my RSS feed.

And it's also a bit scary . . . some of those are inordinately complex . . .

February 26, 2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger timquinn said...

Hey, cool. I'm going to rip out my nice old neighborhood tiles and put these in. Much more moderen

February 26, 2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger David said...

These remind me of my photogrammetry days. I love cartography as art.

-erd

February 26, 2007 3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they'd be cooler if they weren't labeled.

February 26, 2007 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What no SPUIs or Stacks? The interchanges on the tiles aren't very sexy, they could do much better.

February 27, 2007 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... how do I get them?

February 28, 2007 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment