Urban Planning in Montreal

[Image: The Macdonald-Harrington Building at McGill, home of both the Urban Planning and Urban Design programs].

Just a quick congratulations to my brother, Kevin, who's been accepted into the McGill School of Urban Planning. Congrats, Kevin!
Be nice to him.

Comments are moderated.

If it's not spam, it will appear here shortly!


Blogger nathan said...

Christ, what a lovely place to study.

How Jacobean.

I'm (re-)starting school (sheol) soon as well. Wish me luck too.

Geoff, I'm sure BLDGBLOG had NOTHING to do with Kevin's urban planning focus!

Congratulations!

March 23, 2007 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is also the school of architecture.

March 24, 2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

Nathan - I put him in a head-lock till he agreed to apply.

It seemed to work...

Good luck with your own time in school!

March 24, 2007 3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

McGill is brilliant school and Montreal a brilliant city. I miss my own time there. Be sure to visit him lots and I recommend: Le Pistol for sandwich and a pint ($5), L'Avenue for the best breakfast (ask for the L'Epicurienne), and for dinner Au Petit Extra or L'Entrecote St Jean.

March 25, 2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger andrew said...

Did he also take on the new Urban Design option? I'm considering it. It fully launches in Sept 08 but will be running in limited fashion by Sept 07. I'd love to hear his experiences with the programme, regardless of whether or not he enrolled in the Urban Design option.

Cheers!

March 27, 2007 6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

neato! I just got into the urban planning program at mcgill too for 2007! Ive never lived in Montreal so Im nervous/excited...email me! kendraf@interchange.ubc.ca

April 03, 2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

Awesome - congrats, Kendra; I'll tell my brother to look out for you.

And Andrew, I don't know, actually; I'll give him a call and ask.

So if I go up to visit the guy someday, in Montreal, maybe I'll run into you both. I'd love to see the department there. I'll say hello.

April 03, 2007 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all! I'm considering applying to the MUP at McGill...was wondering if you all could share some of your thoughts, now that some time has passed. Please email me at sloan.spencer@gmail.com
Thanks!
Spence

March 24, 2008 2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are currently looking for a traffic engineer or an urban planner, and I was wondering if you have potential candidates to suggest.
For more info, please visit our website: www.recrutement.ca, job code:349162-007.
Apply directly online.

Thank You!

September 21, 2009 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment