Science Fiction and Architecture

A quick heads up that I'll be participating in a roundtable discussion tomorrow afternoon about "science fiction and architecture" at the Bartlett School of Architecture here in London. The participants are:It should make for an interesting conversation, with a great mix of perspectives on the intertwined topics of science fiction, built space, and the imagined environment, so do come out if you're in the neighborhood.
The event lasts from 4-6pm, and it is free and open to the public. We'll be awaiting your arrival in Room G02, Wates House, 22 Gordon Street, London, WC1H 0QB. Here is a map.
Of course, I'll then be moving down the street for the feral cities event at UCL tomorrow evening.

Comments are moderated.

If it's not spam, it will appear here shortly!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you had James Cameron on the panel for a second there.

November 27, 2008 2:21 AM  
Blogger Ver Sacrvm said...

GEOFF I HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE TALK, DID YOU HAPPEN TO RECORD IT? I'D LOVE TO GET A COPY OF THAT MP3 AND LISTEN TO IT AGAIN.

December 09, 2008 7:01 AM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

The talk was recorded, but I don't have the tape; I believe it's being transcribed somewhere - but I'll have to ask. As soon as I've got something that can be posted here, I'll put it up!

December 11, 2008 11:17 AM  
Blogger KM said...

A little late perhaps, but just wanted to say thanks, was an interesting talk! Although i was quite surprised that Stephenson's metaverse and the real world equivalent 'second life' were not mentioned. Anyway, I hope the topic will come up again, after i've got through the books added to my reading list!

I can try and get the tape from the library if anyone is interested?

December 20, 2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger Geoff Manaugh said...

KM, if you mean that there is a tape of this event in the Bartlett library, then I would love to give it a listen. I was wondering what had happened to the tape!

December 20, 2008 2:59 PM  
Blogger KM said...

I will check on Monday and report back!

December 20, 2008 5:33 PM  
Blogger Emmanuel GUY said...

Hi, I couldn't attend the talk, but I'd be really happy to listen to the mp3 if it's been recorded. does anyone know anything about it ?

May 15, 2009 4:30 AM  

Post a Comment