Off to India

[Image: The Chand Baori stepwell, courtesy of Wikipedia].

Just a quick note that I will be in India without a computer for the next two and a half weeks, visiting stepwells, cave temples, the 18th century astronomical garden of Jantar Mantar, hill forts (including Mehrangarh), the Water Palace (or Jal Mahal) in Jaipur, and more, and I will thus be offline until late March. Unfortunately, this also means that I will be unable to moderate new comments or reply to emails; please be patient, though, and I will get to all that when I return. Meanwhile, feel free to visit the BLDGBLOG archives, through the extensive list of previous posts in the lefthand column. I'll be back...

Comments are moderated.

If it's not spam, it will appear here shortly!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

dark knight rises!

March 02, 2012 2:13 PM  
Blogger Ethan Reid said...

You need a Mini-Manaugh clone.

March 03, 2012 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Ed said...

In addition to a similar set in "Dark Knight Rises", the step-well depicted is also shown in "The Fall", directed by Tarsem Singh, which is a must-see for anyone interested in exotic locales and architectures.

March 12, 2012 11:02 AM  
Blogger phenrydelphia said...

hope you had the chance to check out the book Steps to Water, by Livingston. I hear she is an expert on the structures.

March 12, 2012 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Bill Chance said...

I remember seeing that spot in your picture in the Tarsem Singh movie The Fall. I had been told that no CGI had been done but I didn't believe that such a place could exist - and now I know that it does

March 14, 2012 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment